“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 28 July 2008

Rediscovering childhood

You know what I have loved most about being a primary school teacher? Making flashcards.

And you know why? Because I love colouring in.

I loved colouring books as a child. And when I got here I got to use big waxy crayons all over again. Colouring in big pictures in block colour. I got a certain satisfaction from it because everything I made looked so good afterwards.

i still get excited when I see big waxy crayons in shops. I always want to buy some. Yesterday when I was shopping I noticed that Crayola had brought out twistable crayons. Crayons that you don't have to peel or sharpen. Unable to resist I bought some! I did manage to refrain from buying the 24 pack though and settled for the 8 pack.

Now all I need is something to colour in!

xx

No comments: