“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Disgusting

Man, I really, really can't bear rush hour trains.

A 10.30am Japanese lesson meant that I was up at 8.30 and caught in it.

The manners of people on trains here never fail to shock me. There's no subtlety, there's no shame - people just outright unleash their foulness onto the rest of us and I find myself spending the majority of my commute with a screwed up face - which inevitably adds to my wrinkles!!

I watched in horror this morning as a woman kicked off her shoe, whipped out a foot file and proceeded to spread all her dead skin over the train floor. That did it for me - you know how I feel about feet - I had to switch carriages. But everyday you see the same thing. The worst is definitely the spot squeezing and scab picking. I would love to sit here and blame all these foul habits on men, but the truth of the matter is that Japanese women are just as bad. Which makes it even worse.

Disgusting.

xoxo

No comments: