“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 6 June 2011

Hmmm....

I'm not sure what happened last month but whatever it was has carried over into this month.

Kinda....well a little bit anyway.

There's just a real sense of....low morale where I work right now. May was a seriously tough month but the momentum just doesn't seem to be there for most people. Especially me.

You know me. Itchy feet.

I need more variety - like WAY more. I know that I already do OK compared to a lot of people, but you know how it is with me - it's never enough and I always want more. Not only that but I always set ridiculously high standards for myself, so it's always harder to accept that in reality, I'm really not doing that badly.

Back in the day I could teach, say, 16 lessons a day and probably love about 11 of those clients.

Give me 16 lessons a day now and I swear down I'm only guaranteed to like or not mind about 4 of them.

How crappy is that? I HATE being surrounded by people I hate. The resentment I feel towards some of these people when I see them is shocking and it's only getting worse.

I really need to find a way to turn it around before it gets out of hand. Getting out of the office at the beginning of the month has definitely helped, but we'll see how it goes from there.

xoxo

No comments: