“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 9 October 2011

4 years

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my nan's death.

4 years but it still hurts like it was yesterday. Yesterday would have been her 89th birthday.

It still hurts so, so much.

She left me a whole load of the most gorgeous jewellery. Everyday before I go to work, I put on a piece and take that split second to remember her and her fabulous retro taste. 


I called my grandad to check that he was OK. They were married for 50 years and he's battling on like a trooper. Funny thing is, he had actually forgotten what day it was today. I guess that's what old age does for you.


I miss her so much.


xoxo

No comments: