“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 3 October 2011

Doh!

Don't you hate it when you find something that you are seriously good at but there turns out to be a million downsides to doing that one thing full time?

I LOVE training. I think it plays to so, so many of my strengths. And the best bit? I seriously enjoy it. I love creating new training programmes and being part of rewriting and improving old ones. A process that I have been lucky enough to very actively take part in and work very closely with the creators and quality control. It's one of the real highlights of my job.

I enjoy presenting and my presenting skills are developing further and further every month. I love seeing development in the people that I train - it's very rewarding and one of the few moments when I do feel job satisfaction. I just wish that that training could be a bit more hands on. instead of doing it and then handing the job over to branch managers. That makes me feel kinda sad. Different people, different personalities and different approaches could mean that what we tell them in training could very quickly be made redundant.

I don't believe in being subjective. I try to stick to the standard and let people know that what they're doing is great. People forget that it's better to tweak, rather than change. Something that I became a victim of last year. Complete disaster.

I'm gonna be venturing into different territory tomorrow as I attend a training instead of conducting one. We'll see how that goes!

xoxo

No comments: