“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Turn That Frown Upside Down

I was actually really surprised at the extent of the complete and utter anger I felt towards some of my coworkers yesterday.

I was so furious I could barely even speak to any of them. In fact, I didn't.

The desire to just turn around and give some of them the back of my hand was just way too tempting, so the easiest thing for me to do was just ignore them, keep my head down and get on with my work.

This morning I decided to skip out on the gym and had a lie in. I don't remember the last time that I haven't woken up to an alarm, and I finally rolled out of bed at like 10. I don't remember the last time that I did that and it feels amazing to just be lazing around all day with no obligations....well, I have loads but I've decided to put everything on hold, just so I can calm down and take some time out for myself.

It's approaching 2pm and I'm lounging around in a dressing gown with wet hair. 

LOVE IT.

I was looking in the mirror and was just mortified at the number of fine lines...which I swear has increased since all this drama kicked off on Monday.

It was at that point that I decided being this insanely angry isn't hurting anyone but me and my skin!!! These *******have caused enough grief already - I don't need them to speed up my ageing process as well!!!

So even though I'm not going to forgive or forget, I'm just going to try and push it aside and choose the path of positivity and moving forward instead. If I can just focus on my own goals, then I don't have to pay mind to those who are insignificant to me. Sounds harsh, but it's true. And much easier to do than you think.

So it's back to keeping my head down and focusing on my birthday holiday to Guam, my trip home in the summer, Christmas and NY in New Zealand and hopefully a little girly trip somewhere in the Autumn.

All it takes is the thought of a trip to put the smile back on my face.

And I just wanted to make a quick shout out to thank my amazing and supportive girl - you know who you are and you have been absolutely WONDERFUL over the last couple of days. Thank you so much. =)

xoxo

 

No comments: