“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 10 October 2012

If You Go Down To The Woods Today...

....you most definitely are sure of a big surprise.......

.....a huge bite on your arse!!

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!

My girl hit me up this morning and asked me if I wanted to go on a picnic lunch. I'd just come back from the gym and thought it would be kinda nice to spend the afternoon outside.

She mails me and tells me that she'll meet me at Ekoda-mori.

Huh?!?!?!

Where?!?!?

She's like "えええええええええ????ウソでしょう?"

Me: Ummmmmmmmm

Her: ジェイドの家の裏だよ!!!!!(It's behind your house)

Me: Huhhhhhhh???!!?!?!?!?!

I've been living in this house for 3 years and I have NEVER walked down the road that goes behind my house. I've never had to and I've never really gone exploring down that way. Even when I went exploring when I first moved in, I always walked the other way for some reason.

But sure enough, I walked down there and there is this huge park and forest!!! It's so pretty I could also kick myself for never having walked down there before. And on top of that, there is a jogging course!!!

Now you all know how much I hate jogging and the last time I did it was along the main road. But this is away from the road and the course goes around the park. Wouldn't do it at night but I'm considering giving it a bash. It's only short and literally less than a 5 minute walk from my house so I can bail out and go home easily! LOL!

We set up and enjoyed a really cute lil lunch and caught up. She is one of the first people I met when I came to Tokyo 3 years ago and we've been good friends ever since. She works her arse off, I work my arse off so it's hard for us to find a lot of time to spend together, but it's great because when we do, we always have such a fun time. She's hilarious and her inability to use a camping stove had me in stitches all afternoon.

Great afternoon in the woods. I was a bit worried because when I hit the gym this morning it was kinda cold and looked like it was gonna rain, but it held off and actually became really warm as the sun came out. Streaming between the trees, it was so gorgeous to be having a picnic.

I came home and called London to check on my grandad. It's not good news and it pains me to know that this is going to be a long and drawn out affair. It's hard for my family and even harder for him to know that he will suffer so much before he goes. I've offered to go home but my mum said there's nothing I can do there. My grandad knows that I'm in Tokyo and I've been sending him cards and letters which my mum said really cheer him up. But I told her, the second he starts asking where I am or if he starts asking to see me, I'm going back.

Trying to stay positive.

xoxo

No comments: