“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 9 October 2012

R.I.P

Today is the fifth anniversary of my nan's death.

And with my grandad still in hospital and deteriorating at a painfully slow rate, it makes the sense of loss even harder to deal with today. I always thought that as the years go by, the pain would subside just a little, but it hasn't. =(

When my nan passed, I was left a whole load of jewellery. I wear a piece every single day, so there isn't a day where I dont' think about her. She was a stylish lady back in the day with the most unbelievable collection of shoes.....which never fit me. Not that I'm complaining - I'm glad that size 8 feet didn't get passed down through the generations!!!

It's just kinda hard being here knowing that every day my family are getting physically and mentally drained taking care of my grandad. I'm not even sure he's going to remember what day it is today.

I miss my nan.

Gone but never forgotten.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I'll love to read your next post too.