“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Run, Run, Run!!

So I told you last week I discovered a forest with a jogging course behind my house.

This morning I decided to check it out.

I got all decked out in my Stella McCartney for Adidas gear (OK, fine my trainers were Nike!!!) and headed out. 

I didn't actually do that bad - the course is only 500m a lap and I went for 20 minutes straight with trance blaring out of my iPod.

My God I hated every single second!!! I will never understand this running for fun lark. When I was younger I actually did a lot of long distance running, but as age and laziness has taken its toll, I just can't do it anymore. Give me an hour of intensive aerobics any day over running. It's so....boring!! It's funny though, coz I can easily walk for hours. I just hate running!!!

So why did I do it?!

Well, in NZ this winter I'm planning on doing a lot of hiking and I really need to get my fitness in check before I go. I don't have time to go to my aqua boxing class before work so I figured I'd go for a run instead. I'm still considering cutting it fine into work to make the aqua class - it's way more rewarding than running. I'll see how I feel in about 30 minutes.

Respect to all you runners/joggers out there!! I don't know how you do it!!

xoxo

No comments: