“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Forwards, Not Backwards

OMG!!

So yesterday I was talking to a friend about a situation which we have both gone through during the last 18 months or so.

It was crazy because he pointed out some things which really made me put stuff into perspective. And what came after that? Panic. And after the panic? Tears.

It was so WEIRD! Like, you can think that your totally over something and then all it takes is for someone to put a different spin on things and then you start wondering if what you're doing is the right thing and maybe you're being too stubborn.....too stubborn and selfish to see that maybe - just maybe - a situation or someone deserves another chance. Too blinded by fear or getting hurt to realise that maybe the only person missing out..is YOU.

It was a lot to think about and I was really surprised at how much that conversation affected me. So much so, that I acted on those feelings...and then came crashing back down to reality. How dumb people can be sometimes. I really need to work on not being so quick to react to stuff. But the effect that conversation had on me freaked me out a bit. Silly girl.

But yah, I'm OK now. Back to my strong ol' self. I think. I keep telling myself to look forward, not back. Forward. Forward. Forward.

xx

No comments: