“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 22 February 2010

Worldwide Friends

I LOVE the fact that my friends live all over the world.

But the thing that also sucks about that is trying to actually meet up with them.

This summer when I finally make it to the States, I have so many people to see, it's gonna be crazy. But I'm also disappointed because there's a girl that I haven't seen for about 4-5 years who lives in Boston...but when I get over there, she's gonna be in London. This has happened 3 or 4 times before when I tried to see her. When I went home last August, she had left London in June, so I missed her. And when I went back the first Christmas I was here, I think I missed her by literally a matter of weeks.

Such a pain in the arse! I think my closest call was when I tried to meet my girl I went to uni with in Vietnam...and I missed her by ONE DAY!!!

It's so awesome though - talking to friends and arranging to meet in different countries. It might not happen when I want it to but it will happen eventually! And to those who have made the effort to meet me in other countries - THANK YOU!!

For my American friends, I will be in the states for 2 weeks from the end of June. Since it's such a short time, I can only make it to New York and LA so please come and see me!!

For my Aussie friends, I will be making it over there for 13 days (maybe more) from 21st December!! No definite plan at the moment but let me know where you are!!

I can't wait to see you all!

xx

No comments: