“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 25 February 2011

The Millenium Trilogy

What an incredible three books from Stieg Larsson.

The third book has been the cause of 2 sleepless nights this week because I just couldn't out in down. I haven't been gripped by a book like that for a long time.

I remember when I was in Australia, I saw "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" on DVD. Although a lot of the book had been cut out (as you would expect it to be), they manage to portray the characters, especially Lisbeth Salander, PERFECTLY. When I read the book, I was gripped by the nature of the storyline, but if I'm completely honest, the film completely freaked me out! I was really scared after watching it and slept really badly that night.

I guess scared isn't the right word. More like....unsettled.

If you haven't read the trilogy already, then I highly recommend it.

xoxo

No comments: