“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 21 July 2012

Back In The Shire!

What a nice, relaxing first day back I've had.

Jetlag hit me pretty bad yesterday and as hard as I tried to stay up, I completely knocked out by 9pm. After an uninterrupted 11 hours of sleep, I woke up and indulged in crumpets and a cup of tea. A perfect breakfast!

Today has just been about making appointments and hitting up the shops to stock up on toiletries and that all important trip to Tesco.

I LOVE British supermarkets and they are definitely one of the things I miss most about the UK. I literally wanted to buy EVERYTHING and loaded up the trolley with 126 quid's worth of goodies including Jamaican ginger cake, granary bread, bakewell tarts, cheese, lamb, fish and so much other stuff. I miss it all.

Now I'm just settling down watching the Olympic football - GBR vs. Brazil. Not too hopeful about the GBR team after the shocking performance in Euro 2012, but we'll see!

Off to London to see the Olympic Torch - super excited!

xoxo

No comments: