“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 1 July 2012

A Kick Up The Butt

Today my friend showed me this amazing video on Youtube.

It was about this guy who was told that he was never gonna be able to walk unassisted again. He ended up spending a lot of time at home and getting seriously fat.

And then he got hooked up with a yoga teacher who agreed to help him. With hard work and discipline, he lost something like 140 pounds in 6 months and ended up walking and running again.

So inspirational.

It really is mind over matter. Quite simply: Never. Give. Up.

Much easier said than done, but I've decided that a much more positive attitude to life is better than thinking about the bad stuff that could happen.

I really need to get into yoga. There are classes at my gym but they are rammed. And my friend said that there is never enough instruction. He has a DVD so we're planning to do it at my place.

How fun!

I've never done it before, so it might be a good idea to start out at home and then join the gym class when I have some idea about what I'm doing.

My horoscope as well was talking about the same kinda thing - how even though I may not have achieved a goal I wanted this time, it's not because I can't do it - it's because I'm not ready. It said that if I persevered and never gave up, then eventually my time will come. To be honest, it always feels like I'm waiting for my time to come. But hey, I'm gonna try this method out and see how it goes.

xoxo

No comments: