“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 17 March 2013

Burning The Candle At Both Ends

Recently, no matter how much sleep I get, I'm still feeing exhausted the next day.

But it's OK - because it's spring!

LOL - the good weather always puts me in a good mood. And today is no exception.

So, what's been happening?

I've been working my arse of as usual. I've really enjoyed working on these articles for this column - I've finished 9, so only four more to go which I know I can knock out in a couple of hours next week. It's been good to sit back and take a reflective look at some of the experiences that I've had here. I'm not gonna lie - it has been tough to keep the negative vibe outta some of them, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result. And even if I have to rewrite any of them, it's decent money for a minimal amount of work so I can't complain!

I had a fabulous catch up with my travel boyfriend last night. It's actually scary how fast this year is going, but I'm looking forward to a UK Christmas and spending some time on the beach this winter. I'm not sure how many other trips I'm feasibly gonna be able to take this year, but I'm hoping at least one more! At least.

Anyway, it was fabulous to catch up with him and I shall be looking forward to some goodies in the post!

Speaking of goodies, you know I told you that I wasn't allowed on the navy base? Well, I'm thinking about heading back down there on Wednesday. Some guy actually offered to buy the stuff I wanted and then bring it to Tokyo, but there's two reasons I said no.

1 - I wanna have a look around there myself

2 - It's always harder to get someone to leave your house than it is to leave someone else's house!

HAHA! You can guess which excuse I gave him! It's not that he's a bad guy, but he's just not my type of person. And he seriously bombards me with pointless messages which is really annoying. But I'll go to the base, get the stuff I want and then I'll take it from there. It's not as bad as it sounds, really!

With work, things have been postponed a bit with that other proposition I told you about. I've decided to go for it just because I think the experience will trump money in the end and at the end of the day, I'm always moaning about wanting new challenges. I'm been presented with one and to be honest, I feel like I'd be a fool not to take it! 

I feel like I've been insanely busy and so lazy at the same time. 

And to continue the trend...I'm off to watch Breaking Bad!

xoxo

No comments: