“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 1 March 2013

Done and Dusted!

Doing taxes gets easier every year!

I was in and out the tax office in 30 minutes! It's the third time I've had to do it, so I was prepared. Work out the expenses, put all the numbers into the computer and it works everything out for you! 

And it looks like I'm in for a nice, fat tax rebate! =)

YAY!

I'm absolutely praying my taxes will be reduced next year because I'm sick of people crippled every month by those payments!

The people in the taxation office are so much nicer than EVERYONE who works in the city ward office. I went down there to get the certificate to show how much health insurance and pension I'd paid. The health insurance woman was lovely but the people that work in the pension section are complete arseholes.

I decided to ignore everything that they told me and just went down to the tax office with my pension receipts and it was fine. I hate having to deal with those people. They're just horrid!

Then you walk into the tax office - those guys must get sick of dealing with people who have no clue what they're doing day in and day out, yet I was greeted with this big warm smile and the guy spoke in nice and clear Japanese so that I could follow him. Then when I was filling out all my expenses forms, the guy that was helping me was joking with me and complimenting me on my "beautiful" kanji. Then when I went to the computer to input all the data, I had the cutest little old man helping me! He was so shy to be talking to a foreigner, even in Japanese, and he told me that he hadn't helped anyone in the tax office who was born in the Showa period! HAHAHAHA!

He was so super helpful, friendly and nice and I was done in no time!

Does that mean there will be NO stress at all next year?!

=)

xoxo


No comments: