“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 31 March 2013

Reconnecting

I had an awesome time this afternoon catching up with one of my friends from Kyushu that I don't think I've seen for at least 4 years.

It's such a big city, but it's amazing how many people that you run into in Tokyo. Even stranger is how connected everyone is - it turns out that my friend knows people that I work with as well as ex-coworkers. Such a small world!

Anyway, after I was drone at work, I headed out to meet him. It was great to catch up after such a long time and see what he'd been up to. And on top of that, I got treated to some Trinidadian cuisine.

The best thing about having dinner with West Indians is that you get a PROPER portion of food. 

And when I say a proper portion, I mean that you can't see the plate.

Nom, nom, nom.

Seriously delicious - it was nice to have someone cook for me for a change! I've been cooking myself or going out for dinner loads recently, so it was so nice to kick back and just let someone else feed me! LOL!

Good times.

xoxo

No comments: