“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 26 March 2013

I Can't

Honestly, I was having such a dilemma about going to Fiji with this guy.

I told him that I wanted separate rooms and that at some point I would want some alone time. I also told him that I understand those are unreasonable requests seeing as he's the one taking me on holiday.

He replied and told me that separate rooms was a given. But then he said that 4 days was too short for Fiji and he recommended going to Guam or Bali.

Well, that was an easy decision for me - no! I've been to both already and if I were to go again, it would be with friends. Those destinations are close and cheap to get to - Fiji costs a fortune and I can't imagine when I would be able to go by myself...or find anyone who was willing to pay that much to go with me.

When I told him I had already been to those destinations and didn't want to go again, he told me that we could go to Fiji....for 8 days!!!!

That made the decision even easier.

NO EFFING WAY.

I would never be able to handle him for 8 days. 4 days would be tolerable, because to be honest, you'd lose the first and last day in travel time and I know spending 2 days in Fiji is INSANE but at the end of the day, I'm not the one paying, I would still get to visit this gorgeous destination and I wouldn't have to spend a mammoth amount of time in his company.

But 8 days?

I just CAN'T.

I barely made it through a 2 hour dinner with him without getting drunk.

Plus, it really is insanely mean to use someone like that. I really am not that much of a bitch.

Seriously, I'm not.  

And I know I'll make it to Fiji or the French Polynesia one day. Bora Bora is my dream destination anyway! =)

So that's the end of that one! I'm not seeing him again.

xoxo


No comments: