“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 8 September 2008

One of Those Days

I'm not sure why I chose this title actually. Nothing bad happened today but at the same time I have the feeling that it's been "one of those days".

I had the day off today because of the sports day yesterday. Which was really good for me because I desperately needed that lie in. Even though I'm still tired now.

So I decided to hang out at the beach today. The weather was gorgeous and because it was really windy, all the windsurfers were out providing me with an afternoon of entertainment! I noticed this girl constantly walking back and forth past me. She looked like she wanted to come over and talk and was trying to build up the courage.

So after about nearly 2 hours she came up and sat next to me and nervously tried to start talking in English. But then gave up when I really couldn't work out what the hell it was she was trying to say. Which was good for me and my Japanese!

It was really interesting actually. She had come all the way from Arita just to watch the windsurfers. And then she asked me if I wanted to hang out sometime. She was blushing furiously so I couldn't help but ask if she was a lesbian. She wasn't. She said it was because she had never done that kind of thing before and was feeling really shy. Quite endearing actually.

Ooohhh and when I was at Sunset Live, I was approached by the Fukuoka Now (a little events magazine) and was asked to pose for a cover models audition. The pics are up online so go ahead and vote for me!! ;-)

http://www.fukuoka-now.com/gallery/show/1982

xx

No comments: