“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 25 September 2008

Recontracting

I got a message from my supervisor today telling me that my BOE are happy for me to stay on another year and that they have sent me all the forms.

It's only September!! The final decision has to be made by the beginning of February!!

At first I was a bit shocked because it seems so early for this. But then again, the deadline for transfer requests is in 2 months time and in my case, where I am wanting to transfer, it is actually a really big decision.

But I'm a bit worried about the whole transferring process. You see, you have to submit the form by the beginning of November....but then they don't tell you whether it's OK or not until 30th January! And the recontracting deadline is 6th February.

So essentially if your transfer request gets rejected, then you have just a week to decide what the hell you're gonna do next! And under that pressure, people are bound to make crazy decisions and then regret them later!

God, I hate the Japanese way of doing things.

No comments: