“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Post Holiday Blues

I got back today after spending 5 glorious days in Okinawa.

I didn't do what everyone else does and go to the main island. I went to Miyako-jima...which boasts Japan's best beach.

And what a beach it was. Yonahamaehama beach. White sand and the sea was the same colour as a swimming pool. And completely clear. When I went to the Philippines, I went to White Beach which is supposedly the world's 2nd best beach.

I think Yonahamaehama beach is better.

It was such a nice relaxing break. I went parasailing and snorkelling, relaxed on the beach, drinking and just chilling. There isn't a lot in Miyako-jima besides beaches and water sports. The city centre leaves plenty to be desired - so ugly and smelt like a sewer but I tried a lot of Okinawan cuisine and found a really cute Caribbean bar where I listen to live music and indulged in loads of different types of rum.

Heaven.

And now I'm back. Alone. And have to go to school tomorrow.

How depressing!!

Pics to follow soon

xx

No comments: