“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Now That's....

.....what I call a productive day off!!

Time always flies when you're not at work - you sit there day after day with the time dragging slower than you thought ever possible, yet when it comes to your day off - BAM! You're day is over, just like that.

Which is really annoying coz since this is only my second day off in a couple of weeks, I've been insanely busy and don't have enough hours in the day to do everything that I need to do.

Grrrrrr.....

I was gonna hit up the gym this morning, but after some calculating, I realised that if I went, by the time I'd walked back. dried my hair and gotten changed, I would've been late for my appointment. =(

So I spent this morning filling in forms preparing for my appointment and preparing to check out a new doctor's clinc. Suited and booted, I headed out to Iidabashi, had my appointment and then went to Shimokitazawa to go and see a doctor that my friend recommended.

I've had so much trouble finding someone decent since I've been in Tokyo. I've always gone to the hospital nearest my house and had to struggle through trying to explain what I want. My medical vocabulary isn't huge and doesn't expand much beyond the common medical problems. And even if it did, the doctors never simplify down THEIR vocabulary, so it always takes me ages to work out what they're saying. So I've been on the hunt for a decent English speaking doctor...which accepts the National Health Insurance.

Problem is, I wanted to go in for a full physical. That was one fo the good things about JET - they sent you off to the hospital for comprehensive medical checks and I haven't had one for 3 years. The clinic I went to does accept the medical insurance...but it doesn't cover the annual physical. DOH!! 

But hey - there's no price on health. I got everything I wanted checked and I went all out and had all the additional options as well - the pap smear, STD testing, chest X-ray - I mean, why not?! It may have pushed the price up much higher than it needed to be, but I'm due a smear anyway, it never hurts to get checked for STDs and who says no to a chest X-ray?! LOL! 

What's great as well is that they're gonna email me all the results in a week. So I don't even have to wait for mail or go back in. the ONLY shocking thing for me was to find out that I've shrunk!!!! I used to be 173cm and now I'm only 172! >_< I want my 1cm back!!!!! 

Time to get working on improving my posture!

xoxo

No comments: