“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 4 December 2009

Wrong Day Kids

Testing kids is probably the most annoying thing ever!!

Wrong day to eff with me kids!! I actually lost my temper in one of my classes today...the kids are just soooo bad that I told them if they didn't shut up and behave, then they would get 0%. They decided to call my bluff - ha! WRONG MOVE!! I ended up telling 2 of them that they got 0% and they were so shocked, they were as good as gold for the rest of the lesson.

The sad thing is they got 95% and 89%. But you know, I can't turn around and tell them that - I told the mothers though, who seemed perfectly happy to allow their kids to be shit scared about telling them that they got 0%. I've also told them that if they're kids are gonna carry on being a pain in the arse, then I won't be teaching them again. There's a difference between a kid who is just a shit and a kid who is beyond being a shit and destroys the class every single week. The teacher before me told me that she spent 95% of that class every week shouting and I don't wanna do that....and I know I don't have to put up with that either!! It's not like they're new students either - they've been going to that eikawa for years so there's absolutely no excuse for their behaviour!

LOL - only 2 weeks into my job and I'm complaining already! But I'd rather do something about it now....never have been one to keep my mouth shut!

One more day of testing left...and then starts the mad rush to get everything ready for the Christmas lessons starting next week! Talk about not giving teachers enough time!!

xx

No comments: