“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 31 December 2009

Looking Back On 2009: July to December

July

The month of saying goodbye. Goodbye to my students, my friends and Karatsu.







My Students



Cap It Off party, last night in Fukuoka, last night out in K-Town!

August

My last few days in Karatsu. On my last weekend I enjoyed a final BBQ on Hamasaki beach with friends. It was a really great time, but at the end of it I had to say goodbye to my girl and another friend that I just didn't see enough of!


Back on London trains

August was my move to Tokyo. I was only in town for a few days before going back to the UK for the first time in 21 months. It was really weird to be back home after such a long time - being able to understand everything going on around me, I found myself constantly eavesdropping on people's conversations. It was great to catch up with friends and it was strange to see how much had changed and stayed the same at the same time.

September

The start of the hectic job search. I actually got offered a job within two weeks of looking, but it wasn't due to start until November. A couple of months of rest, drinking, partying and making new friends, as well as catching up with old ones.

October

This was the month of having friends over to visit! It was so great to see them, even though it had only been a couple of months since I left Kyushu. I also went to see the fabulous Beyonce in concert - what a great show!

Chilling with the greasers in Yoyogi Park


At the Beyonce concert with a couple of my fave boys!

November

Still hanging with one of my K-Town boys, we went to Tokyo tower to check out the promo for the NZ World Cup next year. I have to say, it is actually one of the best promos I have ever seen for a country and now I am totally excited about getting the chance to see the gorgeous NZ!!

I also started work at the end of this month - and what a change it is from ALT life! Working with such young children was such a shock - not only because of their age, but because of their English level. Even a month into it, I am so tired after work every day.

December

After 2 months back in the gym, I am so chuffed with the muscle definition in my arms and legs. Now to work on that washboard stomach, lol!

I've been really reflective this month - thinking back on the year, my failed resolutions and all the things that have happened. I am ready for the new year because I have so many exciting things to look forward to. In the last couple of days alone, I have caught up with so many people and still have more to see because so many people are in Tokyo for the new year. Now I just have to decide what I want to do tonight!

So that's been my year! Hope you enjoyed the pics because it took me ages to upload them onto here!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I hope you all have a fabulous time tonight and may 2010 bring you happiness and success!

Love you all! Thank you so much for following me on my blog - I hope you continue to read next year! More pictures, I promise!

xxx

No comments: