“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Such A Dilemma

I really still am having a dilemma about these Olympic tickets.

Although to be honest I think I might be too late - I checked the website and I think they may have already sold out. I don't know what the deal is with my friend who said he could get me them because it's definitely a no holds situation.

I've spoken to so many people and only 3 out of at least 30 have told met hat if I feel that passionately about it, then I should go for it. 3!!!! My grandad is also an avid athletics fan and he told me to get the ticket and then sell it.

That's what I decided to do.

Until I actually looked into it online and found out that all auction sites are banning the selling of Olympic tickets. I also found out that trying to sell the tickets on any kind of website, FB, advertising or anything like that is punishable by a £20,000 fine.

Ufffff.

That means you need to actually KNOW someone who will pay stupid money for the ticket if you want to make a profit. The only way you can legally sell the ticket online is through the resale site....which means you have to sell the ticket at face value or less. 

That's shagged that one then hasn't it?!

So that leaves me back to square one.

But I was looking at the site and there are some tickets for the Men's 4x100m relay still available. There's tickets at £725 and £420. I would DEFINITELY go for the £420 ones - I can comfortably afford that. Think is though, there are priority sales which means people who applied and were unsuccessful before get priority. The only tickets available for people who are applying for the first time aren't for any events that I'm interested in. Of course the athletics are my numebr one choice - everything else I'm perfectly happy watching on TV. Having said that if there were tickets for the swimming or gymnastics for under 100 quid, I'd be right there.

Grrrr.....the more I get knocked back. the more I want to go!!!!!

Why can't I be insanely loaded?!

I also found out that they're gonna have like a Henman Hill for the games. That's something at least. I'm gonna load of with food and be down there as much as possible!!!

xoxo

No comments: