“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 28 November 2008

For God's Sake!!!

It's absolutely FREEZING in school!!!

I haven't taken my jacket or scarf off all week.

And today, one of my teachers grinned and me and told me that they would be turning on the heating in the staff room from next week. He then punched the air.

The heating should already be on. I think the sight of all the teachers shivering and clutching onto their cups of tea for dear life should be a bit of a hint.

I hate the way this country abides by dates. The heating can't be turned on until a certain date - despite the fact that it is colder than it was last November. Just like the air con can't be put on until a certain date in the summer. Despite the fact that everyone is dripping with sweat.

Why can't they just pay attention to the weather?

If it's cold on a summer evening, you put on a jacket. You don't just freeze coz it's the summer and you're not sposed to need a jacket.

It's exactly the same thing!!

I guess I should be grateful I'll get to sit in a heated room at all. Unlike the poor kids who freeze their arses off coz of the lack of heating and the strict uniform rules. I shiver just looking at my elementary kids in their little shorts.

Insanity.

No comments: