“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 10 November 2008

Is heartache making me sick?!?!

During this morning I was unable to take my mind of my personal problems.

That never happens - normally teaching is the perfect distraction.

But not this time.

I spent all 4 periods this morning feeling nauseous as hell. And then when it got to lunch time, I walked into the staff room, smelt the food and ran to the toilet and threw up.

I got taken to the nurse's room and told to lie down during lunch. They took my temperature and the like and then...asked me if I wanted to do a pregnancy test!!! I was like..er no...I'll be fine.

I was then given the option to go home coz I'd finished all my classes for the day. As crazy as it may sound, I declined. I told them if I went home I would sleep for too long and then wouldn't be able to sleep later. What a lame excuse.

The truth of the matter is, if I went home, I would spend the whole afternoon thinking. And given my current state of mind, that would be a disaster. Everytime I'm home, I manage to wind myself up in a state. Even now I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can't eat and I'm not sleeping well either.

I need my London friends here. I'm not strong enough to get through this on my own.

The pain is too much.

And I swear it's killing me inside. Organ by organ.



No comments: