“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 5 November 2008

Obama

I wasn't able to tear myself away from the internet..whenever I wasn't in a lesson that is.

By lunchtime, Obama already had 297 electoral votes.

I could feel myself well up. I'm not even American, but this is a truly significant day in world history.

And it has also changed my opinions of Americans. I think this is the same for a lot of people.

I just can't believe. A black man is the most powerful man in the world. A BLACK man!!!!!

Although, I was speaking to my brother earlier and he echoed what a lot of articles have been saying. White supremist groups voted Obama. Because they know that things are going to get worse before they get better. And during the shitty period, they are going to place the blame on Obama.

I was reading articles online about people who have labelled Obama as the 'black Jesus'. They were reports of people (especially African Americans) who honestly believe that now Obama is President, all their problems are just going to magically disappear.

Pressure? Just a bit!

But I am so excited for America right now. They have taken a massive step to rectify the mess that Bush has created during his 8 years in office.

I wish him well.

xx

No comments: