“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Slurpers

STOP SLURPING YOUR DAMN TEA!!!!

I've been so desperate to shriek this at the teacher who sits 2 desks down from me.

I don't want to be mean to him coz he's actually really nice and is one of the few who slows his Japanese down so that I can understand him.

But damn when that guy is drinking his tea I wanna thump him.

He slurps so loudly with every sip. And then goes 'aaahhhhhhh' after EVERY sip.

It is so annoying!!!

And ever since then, I've started to notice how much the other teachers slurp too.

It's tormenting me!!

もうー


2 comments:

Lazy T said...

O! I see, I see.^^;

Foreigners often become unpleasant when looking at Japanases slurping their tea.

So does my mother(from Taiwan) .

But it's not a bad manner for Japanese.

In SADO(茶道), slurping your tea means "this tea was delicious".

People from Tokyo often slurp up their noodle(SOBA).
I was told that it's their manner.

It's so difficult to be familiar with foreign culture.

Jade said...

ぜんぜん違うよ!!

何か、不親切じゃない!!!

天側した!!!それだけ!!!