“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 21 November 2008

It's Over

It finally happened.

I split up with my boyfriend.

The last month has been pure heartache for me. I hit a point that I have never been before in my entire life. My heart is broken and I'm scared about the length of time that it's going to take to fix it.

But now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Why?

Because now I know EXACTLY where I stand. Now I don't have to worry. Now I don't have to wonder why he's not answering my calls, what he's doing and who he's doing it with. I don't have to be brutally quizzed every time I go to a bar or a club about who I went with and what I did.

We were dating for nearly 15 months.

My longest relationship.

He turned me into a softie. I completely let me guard down and I gave him my heart. Anyone who knows me knows how much I loved this man.

We have fantastic memories. He became my best friend, my travel partner. He was the guy I wanted to marry.

And then he left. He moved away and everything changed. I saw him a lot at first. And then he became busy and I became broke.

Obviously the reasons for the split run a lot deeper than this. But they're reason I don't wish to divulge. Because they're private.

We're both sad. I only recently realised this had to happen. The heartache was killing me to a point where I couldn't even keep my food down and I burst into tears in the middle of a lesson. I couldn't go on like that. It would kill me. I stepped on the scales at the gym today for the first time since.....maybe I started?

I was 58kilos when I joined the gym.

I'm 53kilos now.

I know I know!!!! But it wasn't intentional. And I promise you that I will be doing everything I can to put the weight back on. I've been so low over the last month and it's affected every aspect of my life.

But now I feel that I have some kind of closure. But that does not mean that I'm not upset.

Because I am.

I said before. My heart is broken. He did this to me. I'm scared of the pain. It hurts so much.

I need your help and support to fix it. I can't do it by myself. And seeing it all down in writing has made me realise how real all of this is.

And now it's really starting to hurt.




No comments: