“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 21 May 2009

Back to the Grind

I started studying Japanese again this morning.

The last time I studied anything was probably back in Jan/Feb when I submitted the monthly test for book 3 of the CLAIR course.

I was looking through a book I was working from last summer and I couldn't believe how much I've actually learned.

And forgotten.

I'd be doing pretty well if I'd have kept up that studying. I definitely would've given 2kyuu a shot in December. Instead I'm gonna take it next December instead. Only because I just don't have the time this year to give it the studying time it needs. But I will get stuck in once I'm settled in Tokyo.

I'll tell you what I have noticed though. How NEAT my kanji has become. It looks so damn nice written down there in my notebook.

I actually write Japanese a lot. Or at least I used to. When I made lesson plans, they were always in Japanese. All that school lingo, I got down!!!

On a completely different note, I noticed that this woman at my BOE has been flirting outrageously with this younger guy who got married back in February. I came in this morning and she was wearing this really tight dress and strutting around and bending over in front of him.

It made me cringe watching her. Especially because he wasn't paying her the least bit of attention - keeping his eyes fixed on the screen while he was talking or taking anything from her. LOL!

Oh, the humiliation!

xx

No comments: