“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 6 November 2011

A Change Of Scene

So I've been working at the same office in my company for over a year.

I love Ginza and I love working in Ginza but let me tell you something - the weekends and holidays in that place make me wanna scream!!! The streets are so crowded with people and tourists just mooching about and, quite frankly, outright getting in my way. Some people have places to go, you know!!!

Today was my first day at another office. I haven't transferred - just having a lil change of scene one day a week.

My goodness me - what a completely different vibe!!!!

Fantabulous thing number one - because I left a little earlier, I got a seat on the train!! On both the Oedo line AND the Yamanote line - SCORE!!!


Fantabulous thing number two - I could walk in a straight line because I wasn't having to dodge around loads of people.


The actual office is a lot quieter because it's more of a residential area, but I noticed such a mammoth difference in clients and coworkers. Everyone was so nice and way more relaxed. It was cool.


It's definitely making me think about moving around a little bit more to see what some of the other branches are like.


We'll see.


xoxo










No comments: