“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 21 November 2011

Liberating

It's amazing how liberating it is when you decide to just stop caring about something.

I feel like a whole weight has been lifted off my shoulders. A very un-Jade thing to do, I've decided to step back and let someone else take over. Let all the pressure be on them and I'll just cruise along and do my thing.

The competitiveness has gone and now it all feels so much better.

The situation ISN'T better, but now that I've decided that there's nothing I can actually do about it, I've just said F*** IT. 

Why?

Because it isn't worth fighting for. And even if I did continue to fight for it, the sad realization of the matter is that I wouldn't get it anyway. No matter how hard I tried, all the efforts would go unnoticed. Just as they have been for pretty much the entirety of this year.


I've decided to put my efforts somewhere else and that alone feels great.


xoxo

No comments: