“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 15 March 2012

Hakone

Yesterday I headed out on a day trip to Hakone.

My friend (who also did the CELTA a few years back), told me that he was gonna treat me to a day out to celebrate me finishing the course.

How sweet is that?!

We had a blinding day out. Up super early but it was all good as we strolled around, hit 6 different transportation methods (train, cable car, ropeway, ship, bus and taxi) and topped the day of with a nice soak in the onsen.

Soooooo realxing!!!

And then I realised when I was there, that it's been pretty much a year since I drove down there with my friend from Kyushu. Weird, ne.

It's been such a great month since I've been back - just in terms of being able to catch up with so many friends. Before it was all work, work, work but as dissatifaction increases, it becomes much easier to say, f*** it - I'm gonna go home early and chill out.

It makes a nice change!

I spoke to another friend yesterday as well, and he's invited me to head up to Fukushima at the end fo the month to do some volunteer work in Iwaki city. If you're not familiar with it, it was pretty much wiped out by tsunami last year. It'll be great to actually get up there and do some good!!!

xoxo

No comments: