“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Time

Last night I saw that movie 'In Time'.

To be honest, I hadn't heard that much about it, or even seen a trailer, but for some reason I had just assumed that it was going to be cack.

OMG.

I LOVED it! It was such an interesting concept!

Since I saw it, I have been thinking a lot about time. On my way back into Tokyo, I was looking around at people and wondering whether they realise how much time we waste doing pointless, menial things day in, day out.

People are always telling me that they admire how I decide to do something and then just do it. It's weird because I don't feel like I do that - even though I may do something eventually, I feel like I spend a long time pondering over it first. It's not a bad thing, but then I have realised that so many people talk about doing things and then create a whole load of obstacles for themselves which they then use at excuses not to do something.

Entiendes?

I dunno. I was talking to my friend yesterday and I am all for embracing change. It's just that initial step of making the change that is the most daunting.

Great movie - if you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it.

xoxo

 

No comments: