“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Is That You, Spring?

Tokyo looks absolutely stunning today.

Fair enough, it's only 6 degrees and you all know how much I hate the cold, so I'm still freezing my arse off.

BUT

The sky....flawlessly blue and the sun is shining that it's made me feel like spring is just around the corner.

LOL - I'll just keep on hoping!!! Last year, spring was absolutely freezing and it didn't start getting warm until May. But I can hope! 

To be honest it's just nice to look out the window and not see rain! Last week was so miserable and grey....at least when the weather is gorgeous like this, it actually makes me motivated to do something productive!!

And to start it all off was a quick rummage through my wardrobe to find clothes that I don't wanna keep any more. Granted, I only actually did this a couple of months ago, but I was looking at stuff that I absolutely LOVE, including stuff that still had the damn labels on it, and decided that if I haven't worn it in the last 2 years, then deep down I know that I'm probably not going to wear it again.

It's shit though, coz Japan doesn't have charity shops. I know of one Oxfam and it's gonna close down. So I'm gonna send the clothes abroad - there's no point in throwing brand new clothes away. That's just wasteful.

And I have to say that I'm LOVING how colourful my wardrobe is now looking!!!

Now it's on to a whole load of tidying up...and I think it's time to put the kotatsu and electric blanket away!!! Maybe?

xoxo

No comments: