“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 15 March 2012

You Joka!!!

Working in ESL teaching you really do get all sorts.

On Sunday at work, I met with a regular client, who, to be completely honest, is never gonna get any better.

Why?

I don't know why she's studying. SHE doesn't know why she's studying. She doesn't repond to correction, she ignores literally EVERYTHING I tell her and she's just out for a good time.

In other words, a nightmare client. She's nice and everything but is one of those people that I consider to be a complete waste of my time. It annoys me coz there are people who want to take my lesson who are serious about improving and they can't coz clients like this woman nab my open slots.

At the weekend she had the cheek to complain that she wasn't making any progress. LOL - I'm not surprised!!!! She straight out asked me why her English wasn't getting any better. 

Me: Because you never review and you don't listen to anything I tell you.

Client: Yes, I do!

Me: No, you don't.

Client: I ALWAYS listen to you.

Me: *sigh* OK, choose a number between 1 and 8.

Client: 9!

Me: I rest my case. 

LMFAO!!!! She was HILARIOUS! She said '9' in this strong, confident voice. I just burst out laughing!!!! At least she was the type of client that could laugh at herself. 

That's kept me amused all week that has! LOL!

No comments: