“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 9 January 2009

Going through that phase again....

....where I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing here.

I started teaching again yesterday and I just felt.......tired.

Bored of it all.

I don't think that it helps that I'm still dealing with a lot of emotional stress.

But I'm starting to feel like I need a change. Not necessarily another country, but definitely another job.

And so many things are really starting to annoy me as well. Like REALLY annoy me.

I hate the way Japanese girls don't walk properly in heels.

I hate the way Japanese girls where shoes that are waaayyy too big or too small for them - what's the point?!

I hate the way Japanese girls wear sooo much make up. After travelling to other Asian countries and seeing natural beauty, I don't understand their need to put their foundation on so thickly that it cracks when they smile.

I hate the way Japanese women think it's bad to have a tan. Throughout the year when I've got a tan, I've been constantly told how 'dark' I am. I've made a habit on commenting how white people are when they say this to me. And then stressing that in the west it's actually a GOOD thing to be brown. Rather look healthy than dead. Plus they don't realise that some people could actually be really offended by that. I think they're forgetting that I am half black already. Jackasses.

Venting.

I know.




No comments: