“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 12 January 2009

Nightwalker

So yesterday I went to Fukuoka for the Nightwalker party.

You pay 1000yen and then have access to 20 bars and clubs. The price you had to pay for the lack of cover charge was just 500yen for a drink in each place.

Can you imagine if there was something like this in England?!

It was awesome because you got the chance to check out so many places that you wouldn't normally go to because of the cover. I found a couple of really nice small bars and clubs where the music was so on point...but the crowd SUCKED!

I was actually really shocked. I went to this tiny little club and was immediately happy because they were playing dancehall and ragga. But 2 things will stop me from ever going back there. The place was so SMOKY I could barely breathe. It was unbearable. The second was the crowd. I have never seen such an obnoxious crowd of Japanese men before. It's hardly a gaijin hangout and there were hardly any women there and these men were just so rude and I was constantly getting shoulder barged even though I was standing against a wall and some cheeky git decided it would be prefectly OK to grab a handful of arse.

Knob.

Definitely found a few places though that I will start going to more regularly. I had a blinding time dancing and being out with loads of different people who don't normally go up there so much. And it was a great chance to catch up with people after the Christmas and NY break.

xx


No comments: