“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 28 January 2009

GUTTED

I didn't get my transfer to Tokyo.

And now I am completely torn on what to do.

I thought I was totally set on going anyway.

But then I realised I really like it here and I'm not sure I wanna leave. That's what one side of me is saying.

The other side is saying that that's just a panic reaction. Because if I go to Tokyo, I'm doing this alone. No supervisor. I'd have to find a job and a flat and sort out loads of crap by myself.....and my Japanese still isn't up to that level.

But more than anything, I'm worried I'm not actually gonna be able to afford to live there. I haven't saved anything and initially, I'm gonna have to put a lot of money out there and I'm worried that without a regular income, I won't be able to stay there.

And once I quit this job, there's no turning back.

I know I do want to go - it's time to start advancing into the career I want and I shouldn't be taking the easy route.

But at the same time I do want to stay. I really do.

Torn.

:-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why choose the easy way? Challenge yourself! Besides, there are plenty of gaijin in Tokyo. And lots of Tokyo business people can speak English, so I don't think you will have problems finding a place to live.

You will always wonder if you don't take the chance...