“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 30 January 2009

The Inevitable

Just the other day I was feeling really smug about having avoided catching a cold.

There is a massive bout of flu going around at the moment. So many of my students aren't in school and a lot of the ones that are have colds. About 90% of teachers across all my schools are wearing masks because they've caught colds off the students.

I'm been wearing so many layers, I look about 4 sizes bigger than I actually am. I've been avoiding touching any of the kids and religiously wash my hands at the earliest opportunity after touching door handles and the like.

One of my teachers tried to offer me a mask but it was so big it practically covered the whole of my face. Me thinks not.

So there I was feeling all pleased with myself...and then this morning I woke up.....

I've got a cold coming.

That taught me!

:-(

No comments: