“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 28 September 2009

Marriage

Don't you hate it when you can't find any decent links online?!

Grrr....

Anyway, I was just browsing Facebook when I came across a friend's wedding pics.

Another wedding?! 7 people I know have got married....not just this year but all of them have tied the know in the last 4 months! Isn't that crazy?! It's like it all seems so grown up! When I back to London a lot of my friends were moving in with boyfriends and girlfriends and getting mortgages, having babies and all that malarky.

I remember when I was 19 or something, 26 seem liked such an old age. Well, not really old but it seemed like a good age to be doing all of that stuff....or starting to. But now that I'm actually there, I'm nowhere near any of it. I move every couple of years and there are still so many things that I want to do before I even think about any of that stuff.

Which is why it seems crazy now that I wanted to marry my ex-boyfriend. I've never believed in tying myself done before I've done the things that I've wanted to do because I want to go into that feeling like I haven't had to give anything up - not resenting it because it stopped me from being able to do something else. You see too many people make that mistake.

*sigh*

No comments: