“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 22 November 2009

頑張ります!

Since I have been so slack with studying this year, recently I've found myself trying to translate English quotes into Japanese. I'm not sure why - one day when I was looking for my 'quote of the day' I found myself wondering how I would say the same thing in Japanese. Obviously the Japanese have their own 諺, but I wanted to use English ones to see if I could try and convey the same meaning in Japanese.

And to be honest, I have no idea how I'm doing. I'm careful with which ones I post up on FB because I don't want to offend anyone with bad translation!

It's really hard as well, but I'm gonna keep at it. Especially since I haven't done any studying this year - it kinda makes me feel like I'm doing something!

xx

No comments: