“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 25 January 2010

頑張ろう!!!

Seeing how a friend of mine busted her arse studying for level 2 of the Eiken exam (which was yesterday), has really given me a kick to get stuck into my own studying. Even though she has failed (she showed me the question paper and asked me to mark it...and she totally failed), she's sprung right back and is making a hardcore study plan so that she will be fully prepared to take the test again in the summer.

Man, I wish I had that level of self discipline. I was sposed to study today but I forgot I had some lesson planning to do and it's taking way longer than I thought. My 2kyuu Kanji cards arrived yesterday and there is just so much to learn. But thinking about my friend...she may not have the horrific working hours that I do but she certainly makes the time to study...because she really wants this.

Just like I really badly need to get this this year. I need it to get myself out of teaching...it's been a good ride but at the end of the day it just isn't what I want to do. It's definitely getting to the point where I want to be trying something else. It's just a long, long process...but at least if I have my 2kyuu i can do something different while I'm in the process of getting the career that I want, you know.

Back to the lesson planning.

xx

No comments: