“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 14 January 2010

Tearing Up

I'm keeping as up to date as I can with news of the Haiti earthquake.

Watching video footage on the BBC World News website had me tearing up so badly. Seeing all those people, bleeding and covered in debris all over the streets, sleeping among the dead in hospitals because they have nowhere to go....

To be honest, how can that NOT make you tear up? Or at least get a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach? They were saying that Japan is overdue a major earthquake...if you were in the same situation as these people, I would hope that people in countries all over the world would be feeling compassionate and wanting to help.

I'm gonna be checking my bank balance and making a donation for sure. I don't think I can sit back and do nothing. All watching the news does, is make us aware of the situation. People are always saying that they wish they could help...well, YOU CAN!! Even the smallest amount is better than sitting on your arse and doing nothing...and after seeing that footage, I know I can help.

Have a heart!

xx

No comments: