“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 4 January 2010

JLPT

So while I was trying to work out how I was going to get into a regular study routine, I started reading up on the new JLPT.

And that's when the doubts started to come - whether I would realistically be able to pass 2kyuu this year.

The level N3 that they've put in between 3kyuu and 2kyuu is totally manageable. The kanji, the amount of vocab and the approximate study hours all would be doable - even with my crazy schedule. I took a look at some sample quesitons and they were hard, but I know that if I was to knuckle down and study, I can seriously do it.

N2 has over 400 more kanji, a ridiculous amount of vocab and another 150 extra recommended studying hours. I was wondering when the hell I would be able to fit that into my schedule. I get home so late...I just can't see it happening. That's hard work to the point that I would actually have no other life....and that would kill me.

But then I realised that if I was to do N3 and pass it, which I know I will, I will still be in the same position as I am now - stuck in teaching because I still won't have 2kyuu. And isn't that the whole point?! I've figured that what I'll do is start studying for it and then decide in like September or whenever the application process starts. That way, if I'm no way near ready, as may as well take N3...for no other reason than to know that I can pass it. One step closer and all that.

I just need to work out how I can realistically do this....

xx

No comments: