“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 4 January 2010

Fresh Air!

In my new year's resolution quest to save money, I decided to start walking to the gym.

From leaving my house right up to walking into the gym entrance took no more than 6 minutes - 2 mins from my house to the station, 3 minutes on the train and then less than a minute to walk to the gym at the other end. But today, I worked out that spending 340yen on the return train ticket was setting me back nearly an extra 6000yen a month! SCANDALOUS!!

I can't believe that I have been pissing away money like that for a couple of months now. That alone would cover the membership fee for a month!

So today I decided to walk - it only took 25 mins and felt great. Yeh, it's freezing outside but the knowledge of how much money I will be saving by not being so lazy makes it all worth it. The best thing about it is that I was walking in a direction that I had never been in before and have discovered a whole load of awesome restaurants on my doorstep! And a whole load of stores! Sweet!

I won't be able to walk every time that I go though. I know for sure that I will have to get the train there on the days that I go after work, otherwise I will never make the classes in time....and then on one day I only have a short amount of time to actually make it into work and it's already rushed as it is, so I'm not sure I'll even have the time to walk.

All that money. Such a waste.

I've also been looking into joining a pole dancing fitness school. A friend of mine has been doing it for a while and her body is absolutely incredible! Not to mention that she has increased flexibilty and can do all sorts of acrobatic tricks. The stigma that is attached to pole dancing has changed so much and so many people, including myself, are appreciating the art form as it moves away from the sleazy club image that so many of us have of it. It's pretty expensive though and the class times are pretty dodgy, but I'm hoping that I can figure something out - I mean, if I have a body like my friend's, then I will have an even more banging body than I did when I went to Bali last year! LOL!

Yay!!

xx

No comments: