“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 13 January 2011

A Narrow Escape

Barely over a week ago I was in Brisbane....

....and now the city is underwater.

It's really scary to think how close I came to being caught up in all the chaos that's happening in Queensland right now. I REALLY seemed to luck out with the weather when I was travelling along the coast. I told you before that in every place I arrived at, people told me that it had been raining for days before I got there and the days I was there were pretty much the only sunny days they'd had all month.

It's so crazy! When I arrived in Brisbane, the weather was GLORIOUS! Maybe even a little too hot. I remember when I went back there to go to the airport, it was actually drizzling but I was told that it had been raining really heavily. So weird since when I left to go to Noosa that morning, the sun was shining.

Needless to say, I'm so thankful that I didn't get caught up in it all - I can't even imagine what that would be like.

xoxo

No comments: