“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 10 January 2011

Still Single?!

There's definitely something funny going on this year.

It's only the 10th of January, but i already can't believe how many times I've been asked this dumbarse question....

"Jade, why are you still single?"

What kind of question is that?!?!?!

I mean, seriously, what am I supposed to say to that? Do people not realise that if I actually KNEW the answer to that question, then I WOULDN'T be single?

Many people (for some unknown reason :P) have the preconceived idea that I'm extremely picky and high maintenance. SO NOT TRUE!! I can't even be bothered to defend myself to be honest...nor should I have to!!

Don't take people at face value!! The people who actually take the time to get to know me will realise how much more there is. And it may surprise you!! LOL!!

My friend has a theory. He's well into his forties and has recently entered into a relationship for the first time in at least 25 years. He said to me...

"Jade, women are like apples on trees - the best ones are at the top of the tree. Men don't want to reach for the good ones because they're afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they get the rotten apples on the ground that are easy. So, the apples at the top think that there is something wrong with them, when the truth is, they're amazing. Just wait for the right man to come - he will climb, just like I did. Jade, you are one of the apples at the top of the tree"

Not sure where he got this from but he's that kind of characterl - loves his quotes and lives his life by them. Good for him!

Whether this is true or not - I love the imagery!!!

What do we think of this theory?!

Hit me up!

xoxo




No comments: