“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 30 January 2012

Crusty, Crusty, Crusty!

This it totally gonna be one of those you-had-to-have-been-there things, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway!

When we were in Luang Prabang, we went to visit a few waterfalls. At one of them were these adorable (and very happy looking) elephants. I didn't ride one - in fact, I'm kinda against elephant riding ever since I saw them trekking up hills in Thailand. I know they're built for hard work, but I just don't see it as something necessary - just feels kinda cruel, no matter how well they're treated. 

This is one of my favourite pictures from my entire trip. Everytime I see it, it makes me chuckle. 
Squished up elephant!!!


I think it's the way it's all squished up and that tiny little tusk! HAHAHAHAHA! It just reminds me of this crusty old woman that tried to rip me off in the night market and when I wouldn't have any of it and walked off, she was just being all crusty and shouting all this stuff out in Lao. I swear she was about 90! HAHAHAHAHA!

Don't you think it's hilarious? Hmmm...maybe you really did have to be there.....

LOL!


xoxo

No comments: